Monday, November 14, 2011

Cinnamon Vanilla Bundt

It seems that lately my favorite dessert to make myself is a good ol' bundt cake. I've tried more bundt recipes over the past few years than I have any other kind of sweet treat. They're so easy to put together & so tasty too. My birthday was yesterday & since I didn't get a birthday cake, I decided to make one of my own. I found a recipe for a vanilla bundt but decided to add cinnamon & a vanilla glaze to jazz it up a little bit. I always glaze my bundts while they're still warm...I love the way it soaks into the cake. You can wait for cake to cool completely before glazing it, or if you'd like, glaze the cake once while it's warm & again after it's cooled to get the best of both worlds.

Cinnamon Vanilla Bundt
(adapted from Natalie's Killer Cuisine)


1 stick Butter, room temperature
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg, room temperature
2 Egg Whites, room temperature
3/4 cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups AP Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg/egg whites and mix until fully combined.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking power, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract to the egg moisture, mix until fully combined.
4. Add your dry ingredients and mix until just fully combined.
5. Pour in a prepared bundt pan and bake 40 minutes.
6. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a plate. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.

Vanilla Glaze

1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Water

Whisk ingredients together & drizzle over cake.

1 comment:

  1. This cake looks terrific - I totally agree about glazing bundt cakes while they are still warm...I love how the flavor soaks in!

    ReplyDelete