Monday, October 3, 2011

Butterfinger Cookies

For Father's Day, I gave my dad a dessert of his choosing every month for a year. I've been a little busy lately so tonight I finally got around to making his dessert for August. He asked for cookies, & at first I was going to make chocolate chip or peanut butter but that's just too boring. I decided to go for something different & found this recipe on a blog I follow. We love Butterfinger candy bars, & when I saw that the candy turns into a toffee consistency I knew these were the ones I had to make. I snuck a taste before I delivered them, & they're so tasty!


Butterfinger Cookies

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups Butterfinger pieces

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly incorporated. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt (if using), and baking soda. Add to the butter/egg mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the Butterfinger pieces. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper and drop rounded tablespoons of dough. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment