Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble Gobble

I am so ready to pig out tomorrow, & I have no shame in admitting it. I know I'll come away from the table completely miserable, but that won't stop me one bit. We are having Thanksgiving dinner at my grandparent's house this year, & I was put in charge of a few things. I'm bringing the pumpkin pie because it's my favorite, an apple pie, & my mom's 5 Cup salad. I have absolutely no idea where the recipe for 5 Cup Salad came from, but we make it every year. The recipe is so ridiculously easy...seriously...a child could make it. The pumpkin pie is the usual recipe, & for the apple pie I chose The Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie recipe.



5 Cup Salad
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. mandarin oranges
1 c. crushed pineapple
1 c. miniature marshmallows

Combine all ingredients & set in the fridge overnight.




Pumpkin Pie

1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, & cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar/spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake for another 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.



The Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie
(I won't post this recipe since it's in her new cookbook. You'll just have to buy it to find out.) :-)
I hope everyone has a very happy & safe Turkey Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment