Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TWD - Thumbprints For Us Big Guys

*Editors Note: I'm a complete ding-dong & forgot to hit the Publish Post button late Tuesday night when I originally typed this thing. It's been one of those weeks.*

This week's selection belongs to Mike of Ugly Food Dude, & he chose Dorie's Thumbprints For Us Big Guys. I had to make a minor adjustment to this recipe & substituted pecans for hazelnuts. Let me just tell you, it's nearly impossible to find hazelnuts in my small town grocery store. I also made sure to chill the dough in the fridge before I baked the cookies...they stayed perfectly shaped & didn't spread all over the pan.

These cookies are light & buttery & yummy. I topped them with some strawberry all-fruit spread (I'm not a jam girl...I need chunks of fruit), & they were absolutely perfect.




Thanks Mike for the great pick! Check out his blog for the recipe, & the TWD blogroll for everyone's delicious cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment