Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD - Chipster-Topped Brownies

This week Beth of Supplicious chose Chipster-Topped Brownies for the TWD selection. I've been making chocolate chip cookie brownie cupcakes for a while now, but I was super excited to try Dorie's recipe. I never would have thought that the combination of the two would be any good, but it is actually one of the best things I've ever tasted. We had a big cookout last night, so I figured that would be the perfect occasion for these beauts.

This recipe went together so well, & I didn't have any problem with the cookie dough sinking into the brownie mixture. I popped it in the oven, 55 minutes letter the tester came out exactly like it was supposed to, & everything looked great. I left them to cool for several hours & then turned them out to cut into bars. That's where it all went to bad...I cut the first row & everything looked great, but after I cut the next row the entire middle oozed out. They weren't done...not at all. The middle was still completely raw & uncooked, so I had to trash the whole thing. Needless to say I was absolutely disappointed, but I think I will definitely give this recipe another try in the future.

I did manage to snap a pic while everything was still in the pan & looking oh so delicious. Ahh if only...


Check out the TWD blogroll to see everyone's brownies that actually turned out wonderfully, & take a peek at Beth's blog for the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry this one didn't work out for you and you ended up throwing it all out! (All that chocolate and butter, what a waste!) It looked great in your photo!

    ReplyDelete